For a PTA Membership, Volunteer Opportunities, Buy Spirit Wear, and MORE visit our COWAN PTA WEBSITE TODAY!
GENERAL PTA INFO
Who is the Cowan PTA?
We are the moms, dads, grandparents, guadians, caregivers, teachers, school administrators and community members who proudly work hard each year to exhibit how much we care about the development of our children. The Cowan PTA studies problems, supports teachers, volunteers, and stays informed on issues regarding our student's education and well-being. Together we become better parents, teachers and citizens.
Why should you join our PTA?
Because of your children and your community! PTA involvement provides children with a greater chance to succeed in school. As a member, you are more likely to be an informed, involved parent by learning ways to keep children safe, trouble-free and engaged in school. Cowan PTA provides opportunities to share and communicate with other parents, to volunteer and serve our community, and to contribute to the welfare of our children. You can share your special talents and discover a variety of new activities by joining us.
How do I join?
Go to www.cowanpta.com.
We need your help whether you have 1 hour per week or 1 hour per year! Go to www.cowanpta.com to become a volunteer!
You are invited to join our dedicated volunteers and go the extra mile for our students and our school! Annual school-wide activities include:
- Become a Room Parent
- Monthly Office Volunteer (buzz in guests, answer phones, assist clerk & registrar)
- Kinder Round-Up
- Cowan Carnival
- Book Fair
- Teacher Appreciation
- Track & Field Day
How do I sign up?
You may complete the form below or you may print our volunteer form and drop it off at the front office.
Need more information?
Cowan PTA annual contributions:
- Funding for 5th grade Graduation, Kinder Round-Up & Kinder Coffee
- $150 reimbursement to all full time teachers for classroom needs
- $100 reimbursement to all part time teachers for classroom needs
- $50 reimbursement to all teacher assistants for classroom needs
- Funding for half of all poster/copy paper, laminating film & ink cartridges
- Financial Aid for counselor recommended families
- Funding of craft paper, scissors, staplers & other items for teacher workroom
- Funding of annual site license for Education City, Big Brainz, and PebbleGo
- Funding of Theatre Action Plan, a 4th grade Bully Proof program
- Funding of computer hardware replacement throughout the year
- Monthly birthday treats for staff
- Provide coffee, creamer, sugar & supplies for teacher's breakroom
- Appreciation to staff throughout the year
- Funding of Self Portrait frames
- Funding of large Environmental Improvement projects
- Umbrellas for students in portables & safety patrol
- Funding for Mother Goose to come to the Library for Pre-K
Over the years, the Cowan PTA has contributed:
- 4 outdoor picnic tables
- Sound system upgrades for programs & assemblies
- Electronic marquee
- Landscape beautification
- Two playscape covers
- Playground benches & trash cans
- Computer Lab networking & setup
- Entry & water fountain rugs
- Recess equipment for all grade levels
- Professional development trainings for teachers
- Hand dryers for common area restrooms
- Backpack hallway shelves
- 100 folding chairs
- 4 new stage risers
- Wobble chairs
- Hallway benches
- Vacuums, floor polisher machine & mop bucket for the custodians
- 2 tricycles for Pre-K
- Refridgerator for nurses office
- Chicks & eggs for Pre-K